Friday, May 1, 2009

A Little Something to Get You Through Your Weekend...

I have yet to get around to writing about the Golden Girls' because I'm a tad concerned about not doing this comedic gem justice in blog post form. I keep putting it off for some imaginary date when I will have adequate time and motivation to sufficiently convey its hilarity. Until then, here's a little something to tide you over and give you a heaping spoonful of 90s humor to hold you for the weekend.

As sad as I was to hear of Bea Arthur's passing, it did remind me of a little something I vaguely recollected from the 1996 MTV Movie Awards. I will admit up front that this is 100% cheating to in any way link this to Bea Arthur as she was the only Golden Girl who did not appear in this, but I remembered this clip existed earlier this week and felt it was my duty as distributor of all things sacred and 90s to pass it on to you.

This Clueless spoof had me laughing so hard I nearly ruptured an internal organ, and not because it's so brilliantly scripted. In actuality, the script is no comedic revelation and the spoof lifts many lines nearly word-for-word from the original film. No, the real humor is all in the uncanny Clueless-to-Golden-Girls visual translation. I don't want to give it away, so you will just have to watch it for yourselves.

Without further ado, the Golden Girls (or perhaps the Golden Palace, as it is sans Bea) do Clueless:





Happy weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

Optimistic Pessimist said...

Hysterical - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

oh my...cracking up. Estelle Getty was such a hoot.

Mr. Condescending said...

hah

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Now that was brilliant. I've never seen it before! How awesome to see Estelle doing something so cute! :) Thanks!

LWLH said...

lol...that was great...I def. forgot about that! :)

Little Ms Blogger said...

That was a riot! Thanks for sharing.

The Wife in Stilettos said...

now that's funny!

courtney said...

That was so funny!

kadler said...

No. freaking. way. I never saw that! Thanks for posting :)

Kristina said...

Hey! I just tagged you in my lastest post. See if you are interested in replying, love to see a 90s version like the last meme you did!

twenty_two14 said...

This. Is. Amazing.

Seriously, I've never heard of this skit or whatever before. I love Clueless and I love The Golden Girls, and this was just awesome. Sigh...now I'm sad that half of the Golden Girls are dead, especially my favorite (Estelle a.k.a. Sophia).

Digg This!